1. What Personal Information About Users Does Field Day Gather? The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with the Site, the App, and the Products. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Provide: We receive and store any information you enter on the Site, the App, or the Products or give us in any other way. Specifically, to register with the Site, the App, and the Products you must provide us your name and email. You may also be required to provide other personal information before or after completion of work such as credit card information, your mobile phone number, your postal address, general demographic information, or tax information, as well as certain non-identifying information, like your birthday and zip code.
Your information also includes the information you choose to share on the Site, the App and/or the Products, such as your income and gender. We also receive other types of non-identifying information about you when you provide photos or videos, such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video. We additionally collect the information you provide to us in response to brand feedback, specific demographic information, and information on local trade areas.
You can choose not to provide certain information, however, as a result you might not be able to participate in all jobs provided in the App or Product.
Location Information: We may also automatically collect certain information when you provide information to the App, such as your location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device identifier (but not the UDID), MAC address, and wireless service provider. We share location information with Clients that request it as part of a job. You can enable or disable location services when you use the App at any time, through your mobile device settings. However, if you disable location services, you might not be able to participate in any or all jobs provided in the App. We do not share specific location information with non-Client third parties. We do use aggregate location information (that is location information that does not identify specific users) to improve the content of the Site, the App, and the Products; to customize the content and/or layout of the Site, the App, and the Products for users; and to contact users for marketing purposes. We may share aggregated, non-specific location information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
2. What Does Field Day do With the Personal Information It Receives? Field Day collects and uses your personal information to: • Create and manage your account; • Process your transactions; • Facilitate finding and performing jobs for Clients on the Site, the App, and the Products; • Help Clients find Brand Ambassadors on the Site, the App, and the Products; • Improve the content of the Site, the App, and the Products; • Customize the content and/or layout of the Site, the App, and the Products for each individual user; • Process your payments; • Notify users about updates to the Site, the App, and the Products; and • Contact users for our own marketing and for third parties’ marketing (when we do this, we do not give that third party your personal information).
All Users: As a Client or Ambassador of services through the Field Day Site, App and/or Product, we may share certain information in order to facilitate the service relationship outlined in the Participation Agreement or the Terms of Service. This information may include your contact information like your phone number or email address, information necessary for you to send or receive payment, and other types of information necessary to make the Field Day Site, App and/or Products work. We also share information with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Ambassadors: We share the information you give to us with Clients so that they can select you to perform services on their behalf. This includes geolocation information and all of the other information you provide to the Field Day Site, App and/or Product except for your payment information.
Clients: We share some information you give us with Ambassadors so that they can perform services on your behalf. This includes your Brand name and the information you select to share with potential Ambassadors.
Marketing: We may send offers to selected groups of users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your personal information. If you do not want to receive such offers, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them. We may also share aggregated, non-specific information about our users with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy additional services or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user agrees otherwise). Also, in the event that Field Day or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will be one of the transferred assets.
Other Releases of Information: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce our legal rights such as the rights within the Participation Agreement, Terms of Service and other agreements; to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Field Day, our users, or others. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
4. Right of Access and Correction/Deletion If you create an account with Field Day, you can close your account by contacting us with a request that we delete your account and information. You may also correct or modify information we maintain about you. If you request to delete or change your information, we will do so as soon as practical, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
You may also ask us not to share your information with others. If you ask us not to share your information with others, certain features of the Field Day Site, App and/or Products will no longer work for you, this means Clients will no longer be able to select you to perform services.
In order to delete or modify your information or to request that we not share your personal information with others, you may contact us at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 424-835-0483 Post: Field Day 4052 Del Rey Ave #102 Marina Del Rey CA 90292
6. Communications: By registering on the Field Day Site, App and/or Product, you will receive emails from Field Day and/or its Affiliates. As a Field Day Site, App and/or Products participant, it will be necessary for us to communicate with you to provide essential operational, status and transaction updates as well as notices in connection with your account and other information relevant to your participation and use of the Site, App and/or Products (collectively, Core Communications). You may not opt out of such Core Communications, and you agree to your receipt of Core Communications via email and/or other communication methods provided by you in your account registration.
If we send non-Core Communications such as newsletters we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe to them.
As a Field Day App participant, we may communicate with you with push notifications and other such notices in connection with your account and other information relevant to your participation and use of the App. You may opt out of such notifications by editing your mobile device settings.
7. Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from websites a list of what personal information (if any) the website disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Field Day does not currently share information covered by California Civil Code § 1798.83 with third parties for their direct marketing purposes so Field Day is not required to respond to such requests for information.
8. Do Not Track Signals We do not support Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in some web browsers to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
9. How Secure Is Information About Me? The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
It is also important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Field Day Site, App and Product. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password. The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
10. Children Our Field Day Site, App and Products are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.